Andrey and Julia Dashin’s Foundation
LETTER FROM THE FOUNDERS
On May 5, 2014, my wife Julia and I officially announced the opening of Andrey and Julia Dashin’s Foundation.
There are always many reasons behind starting a new charity with its own goals and initiatives. The primary reason for creating a personal foundation is to continue fulfilling our philanthropic mission on the beautiful island of Cyprus, which became our new home. On April 24, 2019 we also announced the opening of the Foundation’s branch in Mauritius. Our core philosophy is this:
The ability to make a positive change, even to the life of one community, one family or one person, is and will forever be important.
We know that a lot of local initiatives are taking place to address local issues, but we also know from experience that the world can never have too much kindness, selfless giving and generosity. Our ten year experience in charitable work in Russia has taught us that like all things, nothing can be done without diligent planning and perseverance – without the sacrifice of time, money and hard work. And of course that nothing lasts long or is successful, if you do not have passion and genuine love for what you do.
We launched Andrey and Julia Dashin’s Foundation with great expectations in mind and with great enthusiasm at heart. Cyprus has greatly enriched our lives, indulging us in its beautiful Mediterranean environment, rich culture, local warmth and hospitality. Mauritius charmed us with stunning scenery, interesting history and amazing kindness. We set this Foundation as a platform to get involved with the people of these regions and help alleviate the struggles or suffering they may be going through. We are prepared to listen to the problems being faced there and to learn everything Cyprus, Mauritius, and its people have to teach us.
We believe that happiness does not equate in materialistic gratification. We also believe that real help substantially contributes in improving one’s quality of life.
Your support in our new endeavor is welcomed and appreciated. Volunteerism takes many forms and however you may choose to help us, the goal and end result will always remain the same. Help those affected have a greater chance in life. Whoever they may be, no matter of age, color, gender or other social discrimination and prejudices.
Our Best Regards,
Andrey & Julia Dashin
We established the Andrey & Julia Dashin’s Foundation because we wish to dedicate direct financial and moral support to all those in need. We believe that anyone can make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate because people were blessed with the gift of compassion and generosity – all we have to do is use it.
The Foundation’s core objective is to extend a helping hand to any cause of genuine need in Cyprus and Mauritius.
To fulfill our mission, we listen and respond to the needs of:
- Culture & the Arts
- Social issues
We aim to tackle the problems in these areas by offering direct financial support to those who are affected by social/economic disadvantage. Furthermore, we intend on actively and passionately promoting the act of volunteerism by encouraging young people to participate in charity projects and cooperating with local authorities and other NGOs to make our work as efficient as possible.
The Andrey & Julia Dashin’s Foundation is always welcoming to new private initiatives by local NGO’s (non-governmental organizations) or other focus groups. We stay true to our mission statement in offering an extending hand to anyone that needs help in Cyprus and Mauritius. We are open to new collaborations and are always willing to sponsor projects that are aimed towards the improvement of people’s lives or the environment.
Some of the NGO’s we are currently collaborating with include:
- Cyprus Autistic Association: Association working for the equal rights of people with Autism in Cyprus.
- Baby Miracles Association: Volunteering Association pressing for the restoration of the Neo-Natal Intensive Care unit for Pre-mature babies in Makarios Hospital, Cyprus.
- Cyprus Anti-Cancer Association: Charity organization established to fight cancer and offer palliative care to cancer patients and their families.
- Radiomarathonios Foundation: Organization advocating for Children’s’ equal rights, regardless of physical or mental disabilities.
- Cyprus Red Cross: Humanitarian organization led by volunteers to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to support and prepare individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies.
- Panos Foundation: Non- profit organization, dedicated to improving the lives of premature children facing life-long challenges caused by prematurity after leaving the N.I.C.U.
- ISSBS (Independent Social Support Body): Chaired and presided by First Lady of Cyprus, this non-profit organization aims to help students who face economic difficulties continue their studies.
- Lions Club De Riviere Noire: One of the biggest international NGO’s in Mauritius. The organization has more than 1.7 million people and 46,000 clubs worldwide. Local Lions Club programs include sight conservation, hearing and speech conservation, diabetes awareness, helping children and many other programs.
We also sponsor annual local festivals such as the Russian Cultural days which are held under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr Nicos Anastasiades, and the Cyprus-Russia Gala – the biggest philanthropic event hosted every year in the presidential mansion with an aim to raise funds for children with special needs.
Part of our support goes to several initiatives to save the environment such as the Environment & Recycling Festival conducted by Green Dot and Let’s do it Mediterranean – a campaign that brings together different organizations and groups from all Mediterranean countries with the aim of cleaning up the Mediterranean Sea.