FXTM have been the proud sponsors of the Velokhaya Cycling Team since March 2019, supporting them in various cycling events, including the Cape Town Cycle Tour Race – the largest timed bicycle race in the world, with approximately 30,000 entrants registering annually; Nelson Mandela Legacy Ride4Hope; Wines2Whales, and many more.
The final event of 2019 – Discovery 947 Ride Joburg – took place on 17 November, in Johannesburg. I congratulate the Velokhaya Cycling Team for their fastest rider’s finishing time of 2:15 mins within the Top 10 at the event! We are honoured to have supported and been part of Velokhaya’s wonderful achievements during all the races of 2019.
The Velokhaya Life Cycling Academy, set up in 2004, are an inspirational organisation that introduce young people from marginalized communities in Cape Town to cycling. Like FXTM, The Academy believes in the power of education. Its mission to encourage confidence, will-power and ambition, whilst helping hundreds of vulnerable young people to avoid crime, substance abuse and gangs.
Full list of races with Velokhaya and FXTM:
• Cape Town Cycle Tour (2-10 March, 2019)
• Nelson Mandela Legacy Ride4Hope (28-31 August, 2019)
• Medihelp TrapNET (29 September, 2019)
• Satellite Classic (12 October, 2019)
• Amashova Cycle Tour (20 October, 2019)
• Wines2Whales (25 October-3 November, 2019)
• Tshwane Classic (3 November, 2019)
• Discovery 947 Ride Joburg (17 November, 2019)